Tuesday, April 7, 2009

OHA Alumni Wins ECAC-NE Championship


Former Okanagan Hockey Academy player Kevin Richardson and his Nichols College Bison, won the ECAC-NE Championship and a place in the NCAA Division III National Championship Tournament.

Through 29 games with the Bison as a freshman, Kevin picked up 9 assists while helping Nichols to a school record 25-4 season. The Nichols Bison were the first in school history to be nationally ranked this season.

“There is nothing like winning a championship and once everything kind of sank in, I began to think of how I ended up here and where everything started. Although we did lose in the 1st round to a very strong 3rd seeded Hobart, we proved to be a team capable of competing at the national level. I am proud to be an Okanagan Hockey Academy Alumni and owe a lot to the opportunity and experiences I gained there for two years. I guarantee without the experiences from OHA I would not be the same person, athletically, academically or socially.” Kevin Richardson, Nichols College Bison

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter